Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rauh Welt 993 - Progress


Another update for the Rauh Welt 993 duo. Made some good progress today.


A finishing touch to the cars will be the engine room cover. I don't recommend trying to cut letters out of lexan. PITA!


First #34 recieved its final fender alignment today. I'm pretty happy with the result. The rear is wider than I first thought. Gonna be FAT!.


I also set about the getting the second body ready, I want them finished at the same time.


For #9 I decided to keep the rear cut as a single piece for ease of alignment. It worked well.

Also can't wait for these to be finished so I can convert my chassis to RE-R


Anyway, Front design is a little different. But the trademark RWB rubber strip on the front will cover any extra work I do here anyway.


Rear I decided to bring the fenders back a little further and hug the lights. Still have to drill this one (why are re-chargeable drills always flat??) but the RWB cut-out is finished, and I cut out the remaining lights from the two donor bodies for buckets.


Decals are also awaiting application. Not sure on final colour combos, so I printed all in black and white.


But here is a glimpse at amazing! The matt finish on the PS paint is great! Wing mods also require drilling and some carbon sticker. Banana wing is freaking high. May need new stays, But I'll let the other guys worry about that.


 Grey is a tad lighter than what I had in mind, but it will work well with the decals. True fighter colour.

So that's it for this round. next couple of days should get the second body to the same point as the first. Ready for Paint!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or a comment. It doesn't hurt to ask.