Wednesday, June 21, 2023

RX to ZX

I love the YD2 RX I have. Super Stable and very Fast. But there are times when you need that little more Aggression. I like to think that the RX is perfect Lead Run Competition Car. but in the chase... it's just lacking. 

So I decided to convert my 2nd RX to ZX configuration. 

4 parts. Required

1. Gearbox Case is the necessity $20

2. Motor Mount $35 but could probably run the original in reverse. 

2. Upper Deck is Optional item of course. $25 

4. Upper Deck 2 Gearbox mount. $10

gearbox swaps easy. a couple of extra screws were needed.

The result is almost the same, but just that little different. 


Spur Clearance is close so some modification is required.  Without replacing the RX chassis plate to ZX. The battery remains a few mm back.

I decided to mount the ESC on top of the chassis. using the Fan mount and a custom Carbon piece.

Starting to wire up old electronics.

Matching pair.ZX foreground and RX background. 


The upper deck is a slightly more complex design (left). I really need some new wire but for now its enough.


Lets rip it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or a comment. It doesn't hurt to ask.