Saturday, August 18, 2018

RSG 1/5 Drift Project Start.


This plan has been a while in the process, but I finally decided to pull the pin.


This Commodore VE V8 Supercar Shell is the starting point for my large scale drift project.


I was after something with a bit more presence. And this will definitely have that.




So I've decided to embark on a 1/5th brushless RWD drift. Using the 1/10 knowledge we now have, I think I'll be able to get a "Large Scale" RWD Drifter going pretty well.

I'm currently looking at the components I'll need to fabricate to achieve this. Tyre compounds etc. 


But who cares if it doesn't work


I'll still be able to go racing if I want. 


It was good to see the GP models running but the EP models is where I'll be headed at the lower end of the cost performance spectrum with some interesting options coming out of Germany and Italy.

It's wont be a quick project but I hope by the end of the year I'll be able to put on a show.


for those interested. http://www.scaleraceengineering.com is the importer for this body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or a comment. It doesn't hurt to ask.