Sunday, December 16, 2018

DP-REX Full Chassis Aero


DP-REX With Yokomo full chassis aero.



My DP +S13 already has significant aero parts and the Overdose Chassis plate is wide and flat, so much change do I expect...? Minimal. 



Having said that... Aero plays a huge part in RC. So when I run this body without and front body panels, the difference in the past has been huge. So I do expect some benefit from a front splitter when running sans bumper.



You can see the front splitter matches pretty well with the splitter I already have... But I did cut a significant part of my RC-ART splitter away so the Yokomo part didn't interfere.


The under panel is just taped on, and will create a small change in airflow under the car.


The rear may feed the diffuser in a additional minimal way... Surprisingly my removal of the Droop tabs on the OD chassis mods were just right.

I've has these parts for a while, but not using the DP since i returned from Japan, they have been awaiting install. So actually determining the before and after simply will not happen.

It will just be good as always.


While I was at it, I managed to de-anodize the 3 Racing front mono-shock mount, so it's all back to bling.

While these parts were made for the YD-2 they fit just about anything.  The side diffusers I didn't purchase due to my DP already being so wide. But i know they'd work too.

Give the things a try, they do make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or a comment. It doesn't hurt to ask.