Thursday, December 13, 2018

FD3s Second Addiction - Delivery.


Details 99% complete. Time to hand over from test driver to customer.



My girls have been waiting a while for their second addition FD3s.


The 3d printer has helped get some basics made and in place. The DP motor position means that her ass is definitely HOT!

Hacking away at the seat until I could get a close fit. I don't care if they are not perfect, but the overall feel is great.

I'll be tightening up the Yeah Racing belts soon once I affix the lap belts.


3D printed Mounts, Seat and Sparco style steering wheel and rapfix boss.

Downsizing to scale widths has it's difficulties.

When an C-FRP seat back is 3mm thick... scale is 0.3mm which doesn't translate well. Basically impossible to replicate.

so that's why you can get close, but not super scale. My Recaro RS-4 seat project is still a work in progress. So this simple Recaro TS-G style seat is ok.


It matches well with the rear deck that is close... but not really correct. Tower bar is kind of in the way.


But the girls and I are happy, On track photography will be great and shelf imagery has already improved next to my other cars.


What's next? The centre console is next and last... but...

A big turbo sitting out the bonnet? Did I hear you correctly... how about that? That's for my Test Altezza...

At least not on this car. It's all about class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or a comment. It doesn't hurt to ask.