Wednesday, March 20, 2019

WINS' FTW


WINS' is Definitely For The Win!



Jump on the WINS' Narita trains.



On my last visit to WINS' 2 years ago I experienced a change in styles as real weight shift was met with roll mods and other ways to create the D1 style currently in play.   I built a DP to replicate that that nd it's worked quite well in a world without much challenge.


These days, you don't need the roll mods and fake weight shifts when it can be done naturally. There are so many RWD parts on the shelf these days.

These FRD-V5s are diving around and feel soft smooth and progressive. Never hunting for grip.
So in essence my REW would have been the right chassis to bring as the overdose DP just wasn't setup how it needed to be and felt embarrassingly bad. 


But as usual, i was still able to have fun and the guys from WINS' are super accommodating.


the locals rip when the cord is pulled.



I had a good couple of hours running my wing along this wall with a fun squeaky scrape every lap.


All kinds of fun ensued


but while a battery charged, I was able to grab some shots.


The fight is close


the gaps are even and laps are endless


katsupan joined the back


And some YD2's, Yeagers, and FRds blow the doors off.


Yes it;'s RC


Blast on.


These long corners are magic.


I also took the mini 215mm wheelbase DP and it worked very effectively.


This is downstairs, but there was some action upstairs too. I forgot to take pics. but some video here.

https://www.facebook.com/wins.driftcircuit/videos/128524854934565/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or a comment. It doesn't hurt to ask.