Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Under Yokomo Control


I've been without reverse for a while. So .....

The Yokomo SCR-6708T was purchased as a result of my investigations in to Brushed Vs Brushless and Lipo/Nimh.

I decided to stay with Brushed and Nimh. They are cheap and quite frankly un-needed for Drift.

Maybe some on-road extreme turn use would definately require the upgrade.

I was involved in 1/12 RC with a Delta, Team Associated RC12E, and Schmacher gear. I was under 16 years old at that stage of often made the A-main in Australia. My father owned a hobby store. So I know about weight, gearing, voltage, tyre size, body performance.

These days I can't possibly make a decision. There's simply too much confusion and choice out there.

For Drift. Go cheap. I've seen reviews in the latest RC World in Japan and one of the drivers in the top 4, still runs Brushed and a near stock Drift Package. His competition runs fancy mix of chassis with lipo and non lipo setups.

therefore Not required.

This ESC was 50% off at RC-Champ.

It will match my heat sink and look cool.

Thats it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or a comment. It doesn't hurt to ask.