Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Early Days of Gold Coast RC


Back in the 80's, life was great and no worries... but my RC life started way before that.



From the 70's to the 90's, my parents ran a small second business named Brian's Hobby Centre.

Being a fundamental part of the RC aero, boat and car scene, my father was involved in a bunch of clubs that immersed me in RC from my very first memories of infancy.


These shots are from the GCMCC broadbeach waters track. It's now basketball courts, but these painted lines remain as blacked out memories for me.

My 1:12 scale rx7 was one of my first "sedan" shells.  Stickers were hard to come by. 


yep the 80's.  M1 vs Countach


This is my team associated RC12E 635CSI.


While sedan meets were not as popular because the body shapes generated rear lift. We always required huge rear wings for down-force. However, they always struck a chord with me as I could relate to the touring cars of the day. Something that's still very relevant in rc drift is that the bodies reflect reality to a point.


I don't know where the TOJ ever came from, but the Team associated body was THE one.

No matter how long you have been into RC.  Always take a look back at things that inspire you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or a comment. It doesn't hurt to ask.