Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Japan Tour 2018



Japan Oct 2018 is on the schedule.



My next trip to Japan is booked for October. It will consist of a one week fleeting mini tour and while I will do other things with friends, I hope to squeeze in some RC adventures.

Last year, I attended the Waru 4 Door festival in the heart of 4 door country. This Lexus was a result of that day and I'd love to take it back to it's tribute home, but the above chassis are not really set up for it. 

So, chassis choice is easy to take my DRB-REW and DP-RE-X as both perform very well. 

With a short list of Neo, Waru, Oahu, and perhaps Wins' , it's a hard choice for body selection. 


The S13 is kind of tied to the DP-RE-X these days, with it's wide front track and D1 style roll suspension, it's something I want to take back again too.




The DRB-REW is currently configured for the GTR35 and Neo would be a good place to take the scale look of the Sfida GTR. But with a new Rocket Bunny FD3s in the build... it would be great to debut in Japan, so I'd need to make a choice between the GTR-35 or RX-7 when completed as these bodies would have the same stance requirements as the current setup on my DRB-REW.

I'd love to squeeze 4 sessions, but realistically I'll probably only have time for 3.


Whichever I decide, it will be good to benchmark ideas and see current trends on track.

I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Have been following your blog for a while now and must to thank you for the nice articles. If I were you I would go with the s13 and the coming fd3s. R35 looks awesome but is more common.

    ReplyDelete

Got a question or a comment. It doesn't hurt to ask.