Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tsunami Power 4200 & 2800 Install


Cool! I've been using the short size Lipo in the TA-06 for a while. However not they look super cool!


As you may have seen from a previous post, these Yokomo batteries have been enhanced.


I've been waiting for the 4200 mAh LiPo for a while so I have this mounting bracket ready to go.


I tried the short 2800 mAh version in the DRB before.  It was pretty light in the rear.  So I wanted a compromise between the 350g 3300 NiMh pack I was using and the 140g 2800LiPo. I liked the way the chassis felt with a 1400mAh Nicad which was around 200g so the 4200 should be a good match.


Here it is installed. Overall chassis weight is now 1.3 instead of 1.5kg. So how does the DRB rate against the TA-06?


Well it runs the lightweight 2800mAh version. It's about 1.2Kg as a result. which is strange but the distribution is a little different. If I remember I'll measure the corners next time.

Very Happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or a comment. It doesn't hurt to ask.