Wednesday, January 28, 2015

GCRC Mid Week Matsuri Masher


This is how I saw this evening... It was all a blur.



My eyes could hardly focus after a work day behind the computer screen,


I prepped the DRB for a Double DRB battle.


But I was soon sandwiched between these two S13s


They were looking pretty good side by side so I stopped to get some shots.


New owner not scared to blast in the priceless art works.


 But with respectful drivers the battle scars are kept to a minimum.


Of course following takes the door scrubbing out of the equation.


Lead car always waiting for the chaser to catch the line.


And in response gets close with a clean proximity.


These two were really driving well.


But soon you come across a car that means you have to change tactics.


So, park the rocket bunny and strap on the bunny.


I ramped up the boost on the Gemini chassis. T88 on a 2 litre is nice and laggy. 


But line up any opponent and you just blast past.


This session had everyone out testing something.


loads of different chassis on track.


I like this section of the track with a forest back ground. 


RWD style still driving hard.


But soon it was break time again... eyes a blur.


So time to get smooth and practice a line.


Working it hard.


My ol' DRB still working well, although I left some parts at home that I needed to get the setting right for GCRC. Front bumper weight and different springs are required to get the grip level I need on the polished concrete.


So rather than run that perfect line all night, I started to "play" with the RWD runners.


Constant Passing for around 50 laps. leaving just enough space for the pass.


The lines were a bit different but at the end we tried for a few solid laps.


The remaining runners barely with eyes open after a monster session.


But still managing to look super cool!


I must thank my photographer for the latter part of the evening... great images are an excellent reward for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or a comment. It doesn't hurt to ask.