Tuesday, May 31, 2016

GCRC Tuesday Thrash ... out!


 The best trains so far.... today we really made the most of our limited time.  



Over almost 3 years GCRC has become Australia's premium venue for drift. 


recently the skill set on offer means that almost everyone is at a very high level.


That means every time I attend, I can't get enough. I think this is echoed by many others.


It doesn't matter who is in the battle or train, I can totally enjoy myself. 


For this, I am quite proud that I have played some part in the GCRC landscape, whether that be the look of the track, or the skills of the drivers. 


It was this amazing venue that brought so many smiles and enjoyment. Every one of the thousands of laps at GCRC were pretty awesome. It's good to see that so many have enjoyed the slower, realistic style we run here.  


How cool is this shot!


And this shot.  and and and...every other shot.  The diorama circuit style imagery adding to my enjoyment. Recording almost every session over the last few years has resulted in thousands of photos. Each one a memory in itself.


So it was tough news tonight to hear that GCRC would be closing it's doors. The business failed to find another owner in a set timeframe. "The Moolman" created an RC mecca where a shared love for RC Drift and Off road racing was at such a high level.

The best in OZ. 


I think I can speak for all regular GCRC Drifters in saying a heart-felt thank you!


The GCRC surface challenges all to be at the top of their game. And has raised the level of all drivers needing to learn all the elements of drift. Speed, line, braking, angle not only to battle, but also join in the trains.  


Some awesome runs tonight. 


Responding to the call "Stick it on the wall!"


Some great fun with some great people!


Thanks for the battles and fun times! I'm sure there will be some elements of GCRC style that will be re-incarnated into a new venue in the future.

Stay tuned for the final day Battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or a comment. It doesn't hurt to ask.